Toshiba Group's Basic Policy for the Environment
We of the Toshiba Group recognize that the basic responsibility of people living today is to hand over the precious global environment to the next generation in a sound condition. Out of this recognition and in accordance with our Environmental Vision, we will strive to create affluence and ensure coexistence with the earth. We will also contribute to realizing a sustainable society by aiming at achieving a low-carbon and recycle-oriented society that strives to coexist with nature through our environmental activities.
Promoting environmental management
- Toshiba considers environmental stewardship to be one of management's primary responsibilities and promotes environmental activities in harmony with economic activities.
- Toshiba assesses the impacts of its business activities, products, and services on the environment, including with regard to biodiversity, and specifies objectives and targets with respect to the reduction of environmental impacts and prevention of pollution.
- Toshiba strives to continuously improve environmental management through internal audits and reviews of activities.
- Toshiba complies with all laws and regulations, industry guidelines it has endorsed, and its own standards concerning the environment.
- Toshiba strives to enhance the awareness of all its employees with respect to the environment and requires that they make a practical contribution to the environment through their work.
- Toshiba operates globally, and accordingly, promotes environmental activities throughout Toshiba Group.
Providing environmentally conscious products and services and reducing their environmental impact through business activities
- Toshiba recognizes that natural resources are finite and implements vigorous environmental measures to promote their effective and practical use in terms of both products and business processes.
- Toshiba develops and provides environmentally conscious products and services which contribute to the reduction of environmental impacts throughout their life cycles.
- Toshiba strives to reduce the environmental impacts of all business processes, encompassing design, manufacturing, logistics, sale, and disposal, with a particular focus on the mitigation of climate change, efficient use of resources, and management of chemicals.
As a corporate citizen of planet Earth
- Toshiba contributes to society through its environmental activities, which include the development and provision of excellent, environmentally conscious technologies and products in cooperation with society at large and with local communities.
- Toshiba is committed to maximizing disclosure and transparency in communication with stakeholders and society at large in order to facilitate mutual understanding.
For more details, please visit:
Toshiba Group’s Basic Policy for Environment
Toshiba Group Standards of Conduct on Environment
Toshiba e-Waste Management